Friday, May 18, 2012

Preparing for a Semester Abroad

Well, I'm leaving this Wednesday and I figured I should get some things around to pack today to see what else I have to get for the trip. So far, I have most of the things I need.

Last week I found a new camera for the trip. One with a quick shutter and a far zoom. It also has GPS integration so it will also keep track of where the pictures are taken. Here is a review of the camera I got, the Lumix ZS20.

There are a few limitation to the amount of luggage we are allowed to take on the trip as well. Only our backpack (includes 3 text books) and ONE suitcase which is supposed to weigh under 45 pounds. It will definitely be hard to pack a suit, other corporate dress clothes, and normal clothing along side other regular traveling gear. Fortunately, I found this nifty way to fold a suit so it doesn't get wrinkled (apparently). Thank you LifeHacker!

I also happen to stumble upon another cool link for restaurant tipping etiquette in foreign countries. Most of our meals on the trip are covered by the overall expenses so we may not have to worry about this as much. However, there may be a few times where we will go off on our own for a quick snack. Yahoo covers a good portion of the countries we will be eating at in this video.

If you have a favorite traveling tip that would be extremely useful for me, please let me know in the comments!